You would be wrong to think that the clothes you wear make a difference, but your complexion does not. As surprising as it may sound, women who have healthy skin are more attractive than those who have a clear sense of style. When your skin is perfectly healthy, it has an alluring color. As a matter of fact, glowing skin is the trendiest thing in the world right now. There is no longer the desire to see women looking pale. Tanning is not fashionable either and you can be sure that using tanning beds and booths will soon be a thing of the past.
What you should be worried about is taking care of your skin. Healthy skin is the base of every good outfit and people working in the fashion industry know this very well. Eating super foods will certainly help you look better, but so will skin care treatments. What you can be sure is that healthy, beautiful skin is very fashionable.
Seek cosmetic treatments to make your skin glow
Generally speaking, people seek cosmetic treatments for all the wrong reasons as their sole interest is looking good, overlooking the health aspect. Your skin goes through a lot on a daily basis, being exposed to all kinds of hazardous agents of an external nature as well as damaging internal factors, and the least you can do is take care of it.
Factors that affect your skin:
- The sun is the most detrimental factor of them all, one that you can protect your skin against quite easily. Simply put on a moisturizing cream with a high SPF factor before you leave the house, thus the rays not being able to penetrate the protective layer you have on and reach your skin.
- Environmental exposure is equally dangerous as poor air quality and extreme weather conditions affect your skin, causing it to dry and dehydrate.
- Your pores can easily get clogged with dust and other impurities lurking in the air, which ultimately leads to the appearance of breakouts and blackheads.
- Hormones take a toll on your skin just as well as they do on your overall health. In teens, they cause excessive production of sebaceous glands and an overall imbalance in the skin. Hormones also affect the skin health and quality of women who are pregnant, menstrual, or menopausal.
- Improper hydration is directly linked to the beauty and health of your skin, when you deprive it of water, dehydration occurring and toxins building up inside it.
- Other factors worth mentioning: sleep, exercise, alcohol, smoking, vitamins, free radicals, stress, occupation.
It must be noted that when you choose to have cosmetic treatments, regardless of their nature, you are making a great step towards improving the health as well as the appearance of your skin. Going under the knife is not necessary as cosmetic treatments are just as effective, but they present bigger benefits as they are less invasive and have fewer side effects. But what therapies should you try? To make your complexion literally glow, try facials, collagen induction therapy, or jet peels.
Don’t forget about eating right
For great results, you should start eating right as well. The saying “True beauty comes from the inside out” is correct. Poor nutrition and a diet that is mostly based on sugar and foods high in fats is highly destructive as well, causing breakouts, blackheads, and a more rapid aging of the skin. If you do not do something about your health and well-being, you can be sure that your skin will not look attractive, no matter how big your efforts in this direction are. To achieve this goal, you will have to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. No matter if you have a stressful lifestyle, you should make efforts to eat right. Concerning the foods you should eat, mention can be made of:
- Avocado: High in healthy fats, keeps the skin moisturized and flexible.
- Bell peppers: Great source of beta-carotene, as well as vitamin C, the veggies helping in the production of protein collagen.
- Broccoli: Protects your skin from oxidative damage to keep it looking healthy and young.
- Tomatoes: Contain lutein and lycopene, help protect the skin from sun damage.
- Apples: Contain malic acid that promotes firm skin.
- Pomegranate: Filled with anti-oxidants which prevent aging.
- Strawberries: Help prevent the formation of wrinkles.
Shopping for new fashions
As stated before, fashion and healthy skin go hand and hand. While a healthy, glowing complexion will make you look more stylish, the right clothes will protect your skin. Until this point, we have only discussed the skin of the face, but the body is important too. One of the reasons why tanning is out of fashion is that it causes skin cancer. Even if you do not frequent tanning booths, your skin may get damaged due to the harmful ultraviolet waves. When shopping for new fashions, choose apparel that makes your skin less vulnerable, in other words, try to dress up to not expose yourself to the damaging rays too much.